War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; Central Armed Forces Museum, Moscow
Part of War and Peace in the Nuclear Age.
Interiors of the Central Armed Forces Museum in Moscow, Russia. School children in uniforms and other museum visitors interacting with exhibits. Missile and rocket models, photographs, newspapers, U-2 plane wreckage, Red Army uniforms and equipment.
- War and Peace in the Nuclear Age
Central Armed Forces Museum, Moscow
- Series Description
The first atomic explosion in the New Mexico desert on July 16, 1945, changed the world forever. This series chronicles these changes and the history of a new era. It traces the development of nuclear weapons, the evolution of nuclear strategy, and the politics of a world with the power to destroy itself.
In thirteen one-hour programs that combine historic footage and recent interviews with key American, Soviet, and European participants, the nuclear age unfolds: the origin and evolution of nuclear weapons; the people of the past who have shaped the events of the present; the ideas and issues that political leaders, scientists, and the public at large must confront, and the prospects for the future. Nuclear Age highlights the profound changes in contemporary thinking imposed by the advent of nuclear weapons. Series release date: 1/1989
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Red Army
- School children
- Moscow, USSR
- Global Affairs
- War and Conflict
- Publication Information
- WGBH Educational Foundation
- Chicago: “War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; Central Armed Forces Museum, Moscow,” 04/01/1986, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 29, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_88BBC181B05248409328F8E38B36D84F.
- MLA: “War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; Central Armed Forces Museum, Moscow.” 04/01/1986. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 29, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_88BBC181B05248409328F8E38B36D84F>.
- APA: War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; Central Armed Forces Museum, Moscow. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_88BBC181B05248409328F8E38B36D84F