Antiques Roadshow; Vintage Houston, TX
1624 Vintage Houston EE Master - Texted, Mixed, No CC First Air Date: 7/2/12
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Antiques Roadshow
- Vintage Houston, TX
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROADSHOW is part adventure, part history lesson, part treasure hunt. Specialists from the country's leading auction houses and independent dealers from across the nation, travel throughout the United States offering free appraisals of antiques and collectibles. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW cameras watch as owners recount tales of family heirlooms, yard sale bargains and long-neglected items salvaged from attics and basements, while experts reveal the fascinating truth about these finds. Series hosT 100-400: Chris Jussel; Series hosT 5-600: Dan Elias. Series release date: 1997
- Program Description
In 1998, Dr. Ferid Murad of the UT-Houston Medical School won the Nobel Prize in medicine for his work on the cardio-vascular system, while ANTIQUES ROADSHOW made hearts palpitate with its first visit to H-Town. Fourteen years later, a 19th-century Chinese jade scepter, originally appraised for $1,500 to $2,500, has spiked to a radiantly healthy $50,000 to $80,000, while a 1912 Titanic menu went from a heart-stopping $75,000 to $100,000 to a less pulse-quickening $50,000 to $75,000.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow; Vintage Houston, TX,” 07/02/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 20, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_88BA014EA26F43E19129239FF7C1739C.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow; Vintage Houston, TX.” 07/02/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 20, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_88BA014EA26F43E19129239FF7C1739C>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow; Vintage Houston, TX. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_88BA014EA26F43E19129239FF7C1739C