Arthur; Elwood City Turns 100, Part 1; Buster’s Amish Mismatch
Elwood City Turns 100! and Buster’s Amish Mismatch
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Elwood City Turns 100, Part 1; Buster’s Amish Mismatch
- Program Number
705; 707; 101A; 101B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
705: Elwood City Turns 100: Arthur and his friends commemorate their 100th episode in show-stopping style! Mr. Ratburn's class is chosen to stage a musical tribute to Elwood City for its centennial celebration ... which quickly becomes a drama of missed cues, inflated egos, and alien invasions. And that's just behind the curtain!
707: Buster's Amish Mismatch: During a field trip to Amish country, Buster becomes enamored with the simple lifestyle and vows to forgo all modern conveniences back home. But this is easier said than done -- living without TV or car rides is a bumpy road, and far worse, a lonely one. Will Buster find anyone to join him in his quest for a simple life?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Elwood City Turns 100, Part 1; Buster’s Amish Mismatch,” 08/28/2002, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 14, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_88A908C23D724B7CBFDFFD1A502C28FD.
- MLA: “Arthur; Elwood City Turns 100, Part 1; Buster’s Amish Mismatch.” 08/28/2002. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 14, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_88A908C23D724B7CBFDFFD1A502C28FD>.
- APA: Arthur; Elwood City Turns 100, Part 1; Buster’s Amish Mismatch. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_88A908C23D724B7CBFDFFD1A502C28FD