Evening at Pops; John Denver And The Tanglewood Festival Chorus
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- John Denver And The Tanglewood Festival Chorus
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Music with a distinctly American flavor is spotlighted on a program featuring "Country Boy" John Denver and the Tanglewood Festival Chorus. Denver, backed by a band of legendary musicians, performs a collection of his soaring melodies. The Tanglewood Festival Chorus sings a medley of American songs, and the program closes with a lively appearance by Connecticut's Deep River Junior Ancients Fife and Drum Corps.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; John Denver And The Tanglewood Festival Chorus,” 07/15/1991, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 21, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_88A2B1162E6043EAB3933EDD8FBE3153.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; John Denver And The Tanglewood Festival Chorus.” 07/15/1991. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 21, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_88A2B1162E6043EAB3933EDD8FBE3153>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; John Denver And The Tanglewood Festival Chorus. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_88A2B1162E6043EAB3933EDD8FBE3153