Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Console Table-HDTV Stand
APT HD Master Console table with Eli and a road trip to the Decorative Arts Brooklyn Museum with guest Barry Harwood
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac
- Console Table-HDTV Stand
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROUGH CUT - WOODWORKING WITH TOMMY MAC invites viewers into the world of respected furniture maker Tommy MacDonald, as he travels to historic landmarks to gain design inspiration and then returns to his workshop to demonstrate the steps and techniques needed to create future family heirlooms. In each episode, MacDonald shares his skills and best practices, providing detailed project instructions for anyone interested in learning the basics of the craft. For the more experienced enthusiast, Tommy also showcases his more complex projects with advanced tips and techniques. Each half-hour includes three segments: "Basic Woodworking Techniques," "Weekend Projects" and "The Field Trip."
Rough Cut – Woodworking with Tommy Mac is produced by WGBH Boston and distributed by American Public Television. Series release date: 10/2/2010
- Program Description
Console Table – HDTV Stand – Episode 10
Tommy looks at the technique of bending wood for his Rough Cut Console Table/HDTV stand project. To get some inspiration, Tommy goes on a Road Trip to meet with the curator of the Brooklyn Museum. There, he learns about the Thonets, who are famous for perfecting the technique of steam-bent lamination. Back in the shop, Tommy is joined by Rough Cut regular Eli Cleveland.
Resources: Jointer Planer Table Saw Band Saw Marking Gauge Router Table Hand Plane Clamps Drill
Field Trip: Brooklyn Museum, Brooklyn, New York
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Console Table-HDTV Stand,” 10/13/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 14, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_88A1AE05FDF24392BB70B195762F7CFE.
- MLA: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Console Table-HDTV Stand.” 10/13/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 14, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_88A1AE05FDF24392BB70B195762F7CFE>.
- APA: Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Console Table-HDTV Stand. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_88A1AE05FDF24392BB70B195762F7CFE