Arthur; Arthur’s Snow Biz; Dear Adil
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur’s Snow Biz; Dear Adil
- Program Number
801; 803; 106A, 106B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
803: Arthur's Snow Biz: Winter hits Elwood City and Arthur sees dollar signs! His snow-shoveling business is booming -- that is, until Buster decides to get in on the action. As the temperature drops, the competition heats up ... and the boys battle to be the best on the block.
801: Dear Adil: Arthur is worried that his letters to his new Turkish pen pal, Adil, will be boring. After all, how can Elwood City compare to Arthur's fantastical ideas about Turkey, where he imagines Adil riding a camel to school ... and eating lambs-eyes! But are Arthur's notions about Adil's life even close to the truth?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur’s Snow Biz; Dear Adil,” 06/18/2003, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 25, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_886C09F2E2124461B673ADAD0BA9BC71.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur’s Snow Biz; Dear Adil.” 06/18/2003. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 25, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_886C09F2E2124461B673ADAD0BA9BC71>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur’s Snow Biz; Dear Adil. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_886C09F2E2124461B673ADAD0BA9BC71