Arthur; Arthur and the Big Riddle; Nerves of Steal
Tr. 1-2 Stereo English Mix ,Tr. 3-4 Stereo M & E, TC Drop Frame
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur and the Big Riddle; Nerves of Steal
- Program Number
78A - 78B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
501: Arthur and the Big Riddle: Alex Trebek lends his voice as Alex Lebek -- host of the cool new game show, RiddleQuest -- in this episode which poses the age-old riddle... is winning really everything?
502: Nerves of Steal: Buster can't cope with being the only kid in Elwood City who doesn't have a Cybertoy, so he decides to take matters in his own hands by 'borrowing' one from the store. But Buster gets caught... by his guilty conscience.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur and the Big Riddle; Nerves of Steal,” 09/01/2000, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 13, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_884667A95C474E88B867B53CA810B2DB.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur and the Big Riddle; Nerves of Steal.” 09/01/2000. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 13, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_884667A95C474E88B867B53CA810B2DB>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur and the Big Riddle; Nerves of Steal. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_884667A95C474E88B867B53CA810B2DB