Martha Speaks; Nurse Martha; TD Gets the Scoop
MSPE 123 db/MR-2 Media Operations Center PBS
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Nurse Martha; TD Gets the Scoop
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Nurse Martha Being able to translate animal speech sure comes in handy when Martha gets a job as the vet's assistant. But when Mrs. Clusky's niece brings her puppy to the vet — and he speaks nothing but incomprehensible puppy talk — Martha's going to need more than her linguistic skills to figure out what's wrong.
Vocabulary: (E) examine, observe, research, symptom, vaccine
(I) test, treat, checkup, veterinarian, healthy
TD Gets the Scoop Carolina is starting a newspaper, the Carolina Town Crier, and she needs some crack reporters to track down the news. TD turns investigative reporter, until he becomes the headline himself. Martha thinks she's uncovered a real scoop, but Carolina disagrees, no bones about it.
Vocabulary: (E) inspect, information, investigate, scoop, uncover
(I) news, story, headline, cover, print
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Nurse Martha; TD Gets the Scoop,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 22, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_87E9EE06DC934DEAA4C9AE57FFF1DD6C.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Nurse Martha; TD Gets the Scoop.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 22, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_87E9EE06DC934DEAA4C9AE57FFF1DD6C>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Nurse Martha; TD Gets the Scoop. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_87E9EE06DC934DEAA4C9AE57FFF1DD6C