Ten O'Clock News; State of the State, Part 1
Convening of a Joint Committee of the Massachusetts Senate and House of Representatives. Interiors of the State House. Michael Dukakis proceeds into the chamber and delivers the State of the State address (for his first term as governor). His address touches on the state of Massachusetts towns, specifically North Adams, and the great benefits Massachusetts is able to provide people who need extra attention, including the elderly, handicapped, mentally disabled, mentally ill, and disadvantaged children. George Keverian, Kevin Harrington, William Bulger, Tom O'Neill and other state government dignitaries are present. Some video dropout. reel 1 of 2.
- Ten O'Clock News
State of the State, Part 1
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Speeches, addresses, etc.
- Harrington, Kevin B.
- Massachusetts State House (Boston, Mass.)
- Dukakis, Michael S. (Michael Stanley), 1933-
- O'Neill, Thomas P., 1944-
- Massachusetts -- Politics and government
- Bulger, William M.
- Keverian, George, 1931-2009
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Dukakis, Michael S. (Michael Stanley), 1933- (Speaker)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; State of the State, Part 1,” 01/11/1978, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 23, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_87AB15817D12495A98266FD671CDD82F.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; State of the State, Part 1.” 01/11/1978. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 23, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_87AB15817D12495A98266FD671CDD82F>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; State of the State, Part 1. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_87AB15817D12495A98266FD671CDD82F