Ten O'Clock News; Time magazine cover party, reel 1
Tone at beginning of video. Reception at Harvard Club for prominent Bostonians who appeared on Time magazine covers., in celebration of Boston's 350th anniversary. Closeups on Time cover portraits, including those of Nathan Pusey, D. Brainerd Holmes, Julia Child, Buckminster Fuller, Sarah Caldwell. Several Time's Men of the Year covers. Interview with man about the event. B-roll of guests at the party. Those in attendance include Buckminster Fuller, John Collins, Barney Frank, and Julia Child.
- Ten O'Clock News
Time magazine cover party, reel 1
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Collins, John F. (John Frederick), 1919-1995
- Mass media
- Frank, Barney, 1940-
- Fuller, R. Buckminster (Richard Buckminster), 1895-1983
- Child, Julia
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Time magazine cover party, reel 1,” 04/10/1980, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 20, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8793436386394F7F953FF094208638F1.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Time magazine cover party, reel 1.” 04/10/1980. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 20, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8793436386394F7F953FF094208638F1>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Time magazine cover party, reel 1. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8793436386394F7F953FF094208638F1