Ten O'Clock News; Peter Lynch interview
Interview with Peter Lynch, retiring manager of Magellan mutual fund at Fidelity. He talks about changes for the worse in the business during his time on the stock market, as well as the uselessness of speculating on the U.S. economy as a whole. He talks about why he's retiring. Sounds cuts out at the very end.
- Ten O'Clock News
Peter Lynch interview
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Banks and banking
- Lynch, Peter (Peter S.)
- Stock exchanges
- United States -- Economic conditions
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Lydon, Christopher (Reporter)
- Lynch, Peter (Peter S.) (Interviewee)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Peter Lynch interview,” 04/13/1990, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 11, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_877473FBFDDE400A8CFCB62677C463F3.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Peter Lynch interview.” 04/13/1990. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 11, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_877473FBFDDE400A8CFCB62677C463F3>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Peter Lynch interview. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_877473FBFDDE400A8CFCB62677C463F3