American Experience; Nixon; Kon Tum battle and evacuation, 1972
Part of The Vietnam Collection.
Kon Tum city battle -Evacuation of wounded and civilians. _-_ 1)Action sequence-CS-helmets, shot up, on ground. Army of the Republic of Vietnam soldiers running, behind barbed wire, and with wounded on stretcher. Fast movement everywhere. Soldiers firing-bazooka, machine guns. Civilian refugees along street. Group of Vietnamese civilians running to military helicopter, rushing up into open door. Wide-shot: chaotic scene of running. sound of chopper. Close-shot: gray-haired old woman. 62' to 87346. _-_ 2) Darkish scene-soldiers crouching-wounded and fighting men, together in bunker position, rushing-man firing bazooka in background. 10' to 87365. _-_ 3) Wounded-medics-bandaged on ground-morphine. Picking them up roughly-1 carried on corrugated metal as stretcher. 24' to 87414. _-_ 4) Refugees in open space where copters are landing. Suddenly everyone scatters as if under attack. Soldiers dash for (stadium?)/cut/helicopter lands-people pick up kids and bundles and rush forward. Crush round entrance to copter, as door closes-GI's in charge pull one young boy off. 58' to 87531
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- American Experience
- Program Number
Kon Tum battle and evacuation, 1972
- Series Description
Premiered October 1988 As television's longest-running, most-watched history series, American Experience brings to life the incredible characters and epic stories that helped form this nation. Now in its eighteenth season, the series has produced over 180 programs and garnered every major broadcast award. Series release date: 10/1988
- Program Description
In this three-hour presentation, Richard Nixon's life and political career are reassessed primarily by those who knew him best. The program chronicles his life from boyhood in Yorba Linda, California, through his days as a young Congressman to his presidency where he astounded the nation with his foreign policy initiatives and then left office in disgrace.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- ARVN (Army of the Republic of Vietnam)
- Migration and refugees
- United States--History--1945-
- United States--Armed Forces
- Kon Tum (Vietnam)
- Vietnam (Republic)
- United States--History, Military--20th century
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Medical care
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975
- Kon Tum City, Vietnam
- Publication Information
- ABC News VideoSource
- Rights Summary
Footage courtesy of ABC News Rights Holder: ABC News VideoSource (http://abcnews.go.com)
- Chicago: “American Experience; Nixon; Kon Tum battle and evacuation, 1972,” 05/30/1972, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 21, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_870F586DB9AA4123BC79422738841104.
- MLA: “American Experience; Nixon; Kon Tum battle and evacuation, 1972.” 05/30/1972. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 21, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_870F586DB9AA4123BC79422738841104>.
- APA: American Experience; Nixon; Kon Tum battle and evacuation, 1972. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_870F586DB9AA4123BC79422738841104