Martha Speaks; Raiders of the Lost Art; Martha Says It with Flowers
MSPE 116 HD BASE Media Operations Center PBS
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Raiders of the Lost Art; Martha Says It with Flowers
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Raiders of the Lost Art After TD passes in the wrong drawing in art class (a caricature of his art teacher instead of a perfectly good drawing of the back of Chuck Smith's head), he panics. With Truman and Martha keeping an eye out for the janitor, Helen and TD sneak into the school after hours to switch the drawings. But will they get caught, or worse still, eaten by a desert mountain snow wolf?
Vocabulary: (E) apologize, dilemma, forgive, miserable, regret
(I) mistake, solve, sorry, swap, unhappy
Martha Says It with Flowers Martha always seems to do the wrong thing around Grandma Lucille. To prove that she's really considerate, she decides to do something really special for Grandma's birthday. But finding the perfect present for a human is a lot harder than it looks.
Vocabulary: (E) considerate, delightful, thoughtful, sincere, considerate
(I) kind, lovely, nice, sweet
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Raiders of the Lost Art; Martha Says It with Flowers,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 10, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_86F064300A3F4B6B9F8961BD53151DF8.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Raiders of the Lost Art; Martha Says It with Flowers.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 10, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_86F064300A3F4B6B9F8961BD53151DF8>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Raiders of the Lost Art; Martha Says It with Flowers. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_86F064300A3F4B6B9F8961BD53151DF8