Martha Speaks; Thou Callest Me a Dog; Martha's Paper Chase
Martha Speaks Master Tape Episode 92 MSPE000604 HD-Base
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Thou Callest Me a Dog; Martha's Paper Chase
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Thou Callest Me a Dog Peter Hirsch A dog speaking Shakespeare? ‘Tis a consumation devoutly to be wished and achieved when Martha swallows Hamlet. Never was a dog’s desire for meat so artfully expressed.
Martha’s Paper Chase Peter Hirsch It’s the Town Crier deadline and Carolina needs a headline. Hot on the trail for a story, and a biscuit, Senior Canine Reporter Martha stumbles into a scoop that screams front page: the whereabouts of Big Minnie. But is exposing Minnie’s privacy worth the story?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Thou Callest Me a Dog; Martha's Paper Chase,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 21, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_86D2EE0B6FCB4C7FA53BA7DC519127F7.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Thou Callest Me a Dog; Martha's Paper Chase.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 21, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_86D2EE0B6FCB4C7FA53BA7DC519127F7>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Thou Callest Me a Dog; Martha's Paper Chase. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_86D2EE0B6FCB4C7FA53BA7DC519127F7