Boston Marathon 1980; Rosie Ruiz
Kathrine Switzer--the first woman to run the Boston Marathon as a numbered entry--interviews the women's unofficial "winner" of the race, Rosie Ruiz. It became apparent that Ruiz had cheated and allegedly entered the marathon close to the finish line. Eight days after the race she was stripped of the title.
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Boston Marathon 1980
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ruiz, Rosie (Interviewee)
- Switzer, Kathrine (Interviewer)
- Publication Information
- WGBH Educational Foundation
- Chicago: “Boston Marathon 1980; Rosie Ruiz,” 04/21/1980, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 25, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_852226FDF1CA4DB591C261422CEE161C.
- MLA: “Boston Marathon 1980; Rosie Ruiz.” 04/21/1980. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 25, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_852226FDF1CA4DB591C261422CEE161C>.
- APA: Boston Marathon 1980; Rosie Ruiz. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_852226FDF1CA4DB591C261422CEE161C