Frames of Reference; Collisions (Louis Falco)
Part of New Television Workshop.
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Frames of Reference
- Collisions (Louis Falco)
- Series Description
“Frames of Reference” was a series that began circa 1978. Half-hour shows were produced to showcase commissioned and already created works. It was around this time that the focus of the Workshop shifted, to concentrate more heavily on creating works for broadcast. During its time, “Frames of Reference” was the focus of the Workshop’s national arts programming effort. In an attempt to raise funds and foster collaboration, Workshop personnel approached and visited several public television stations nationwide. The major collaborative relationship was with WGBH’s “sister station,” WGBY (Springfield, Mass.). Among the featured artists were Meredith Monk, Remy Charlip, Trisha Brown, and Peter Campus. In 1981, “Frames of Reference” was packaged and offered to PBS, during what is known as “flex time” and was broadcast by WGBH, WNET (New York), and WGBY (Springfield, Mass.). “Frames of Reference” ended as a series ca. 1983, because of a lack of funding. Series release date: 1978
- Program Description
Louis Falco's company and young Harvard Summer School dancers perform a work in an abandoned Watertown arsenal. The piece presents images of class struggle, with Falco's dancers portraying a privileged elite and the Harvard students representing the workers.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Modern dance
- Social conflict
- Film and Television
- Susan Dowling (Producer)
- Harvard Summer School dance students ()
- Falco Dance Company, Louis ()
- Chicago: “Frames of Reference; Collisions (Louis Falco),” 02/15/1977, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 31, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_84C82FFBD09540769C095AEE0D550DC3.
- MLA: “Frames of Reference; Collisions (Louis Falco).” 02/15/1977. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 31, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_84C82FFBD09540769C095AEE0D550DC3>.
- APA: Frames of Reference; Collisions (Louis Falco). Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_84C82FFBD09540769C095AEE0D550DC3