Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Majora Carter
La Plaza: Maria Hinojosa: One on One Caption Master Majora Carter #3218 135 TRT: 26.16 Op: B.H. TC: SD 29.97 DF VTR: 623 Airdate 4/27/10
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Majora Carter
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
Majora Carter is the founder of the nonprofit organization Sustainable South Bronx and the for-profit environmental consulting company Majora Carter Group. A MacArthur “genius” Fellowship recipient, Carter pioneered green-collar job training and placement systems in one of the most environmentally and economically challenged parts of the US.Carter was a guest speaker at the TED Conference in 2006.
In this conversation with María Hinojosa, Carter discusses environmentally and economically sustainable solutions for communities in need.
NOTE: The 4XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 32XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Majora Carter,” 04/27/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 18, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_84C659C4C6EB43B9B02A584F6B0896D4.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Majora Carter.” 04/27/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 18, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_84C659C4C6EB43B9B02A584F6B0896D4>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Majora Carter. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_84C659C4C6EB43B9B02A584F6B0896D4