Arthur; D.W. Aims High; Family Fortune
Beta SP - Split Track Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- D.W. Aims High; Family Fortune
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Season X (10): 1004 and 1005 See Also Individual Program Titles for Additional Assets. Broadcast: 2006
1005: D.W. Aims High: D.W. wants to be the first person to set foot on Mars! But what if scary purple aliens eat her? With help from her dad, D.W. separates fact from fiction and discovers the excitement of space exploration.
1004: Family Fortune: The TV show, Treasure Caravan, is coming to Elwood City! Arthur and D.W. are convinced that in Grandma Thora's attic they'll find treasures that will make them famous on TV -- and rich beyond their wildest dreams. But what they really discover is that family history and cultural traditions are far more precious.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; D.W. Aims High; Family Fortune,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8491FE701FB6416BA64B0EB7CC212886.
- MLA: “Arthur; D.W. Aims High; Family Fortune.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8491FE701FB6416BA64B0EB7CC212886>.
- APA: Arthur; D.W. Aims High; Family Fortune. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8491FE701FB6416BA64B0EB7CC212886