Antiques Roadshow; Tomorrow’s Antiques
Compilation:1950-70s- EE Master-Compilation: 1950-70s-917K1
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Antiques Roadshow
- Tomorrow’s Antiques
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROADSHOW is part adventure, part history lesson, part treasure hunt. Specialists from the country's leading auction houses and independent dealers from across the nation, travel throughout the United States offering free appraisals of antiques and collectibles. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW cameras watch as owners recount tales of family heirlooms, yard sale bargains and long-neglected items salvaged from attics and basements, while experts reveal the fascinating truth about these finds. Series hosT 100-400: Chris Jussel; Series hosT 5-600: Dan Elias. Series release date: 1997
- Program Description
It's a blast from the not-so-distant past when ANTIQUES ROADSHOW presents "Tomorrow's Antiques," a nostalgia-filled special edition celebrating the rockin' 50s, psychedelic 60s, and funky 70s. This vintage collection of ROADSHOW appraisals proves it's not just 100-year-old antiques that are worth collecting for fun and profit. Assembled from ROADSHOW's extensive archive, "Tomorrow's Antiques" features such oldies but goodies as: a 1955 Dodgers World Series baseball that could hit $4,000 to $6,000; a portfolio of Ansel Adams' photographs that could see $30,000 to $50,000; a paper Campbell's Soup dress valued at a hearty $1,500; and a costume worn by Elvis Presley, appraised to the tune of $15,000 to $100,000.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow; Tomorrow’s Antiques,” 09/26/2005, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 25, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8460454B2B5A43FABC5A3799C21410CE.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow; Tomorrow’s Antiques.” 09/26/2005. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 25, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8460454B2B5A43FABC5A3799C21410CE>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow; Tomorrow’s Antiques. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8460454B2B5A43FABC5A3799C21410CE