Simply Ming; On the Road in San Antonio at the Culinary Institute of America
Simply Ming San Antonio: Elizabeth Johnson
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- On the Road in San Antonio at the Culinary Institute of America
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef Elizabeth Johnson-Kossick
San Antonio is home to one of the country’s leading culinary schools – the Culinary Institute of America (CIA) where Ming teams up with the CIA’s own Chef Elizabeth Kossick. Working in their unique Latin Kitchen, Ming and Elizabeth use ingredients fresh from Elizabeth’s extensive pepper garden. The focus of the dishes will be Peruvian with Ming adding his own personal twist.
Recipes Elizabeth Johnson's Cocona Ceviche Ming's Sacha Inchi Crusted Halibut
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; On the Road in San Antonio at the Culinary Institute of America,” 12/04/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 25, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_842C886F2B924720997E0F79B338CD67.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; On the Road in San Antonio at the Culinary Institute of America.” 12/04/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 25, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_842C886F2B924720997E0F79B338CD67>.
- APA: Simply Ming; On the Road in San Antonio at the Culinary Institute of America. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_842C886F2B924720997E0F79B338CD67