Arthur; A Team, The; Buster The Myth Maker
The A Team & Buster The Myth Maker WGBH Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- A Team, The; Buster The Myth Maker
- Program Number
908; 909; 125A;125B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
908: The 'A' Team: Francine and Brain are the best players on the soccer team, and sometimes they wish their teammates could take the game a bit more seriously. So when they make the Elwood City All-Stars Traveling Team, they're as happy as they could be...or are they? Is winning really everything, or is there something about playing with friends that can't be beat?
909: Buster the Myth Maker: Buster is always telling the most incredible stories -- like the one about the rat in the soda bottle, or grasshopper eyes in Crinkle-Chaw gum! Now he claims there is a tiger in the state forest, which of course explains all those missing dogs. (Huh?) Can Arthur help Buster separate fact from fiction in order to solve this mystery?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; A Team, The; Buster The Myth Maker,” 02/09/2005, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 17, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_83899D013D17497DA22CBC33F7542323.
- MLA: “Arthur; A Team, The; Buster The Myth Maker.” 02/09/2005. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 17, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_83899D013D17497DA22CBC33F7542323>.
- APA: Arthur; A Team, The; Buster The Myth Maker. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_83899D013D17497DA22CBC33F7542323