Arthur; Background Blues; And Now Let’s Talk to Some Kids
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Background Blues; And Now Let’s Talk to Some Kids
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Background Blues: Wouldn't it be way cool to find out that your ancestors were famous frontier explorers? Or royalty? Or owned a cheese shop? But what if, as Francine and Muffy are about to find out, they were just...plain folks?
And Now Let's Talk to Some Kids: The Magic Toolbox show is coming to Ratburn's class to put the kids on TV! The kids prepare for stardom, but a behind-the-scenes star saves the show.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Background Blues; And Now Let’s Talk to Some Kids,” 06/13/1998, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_82BD1927E74D417F9C0A57CBC1D26D73.
- MLA: “Arthur; Background Blues; And Now Let’s Talk to Some Kids.” 06/13/1998. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_82BD1927E74D417F9C0A57CBC1D26D73>.
- APA: Arthur; Background Blues; And Now Let’s Talk to Some Kids. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_82BD1927E74D417F9C0A57CBC1D26D73