Ten O'Clock News; Sen. Edward Kennedy on Health Security Plan proposal, Part 2
Continuation of interview with Sen. Edward Kennedy on Health Security Plan proposal. He talks about the particularities of his proposed universal health care system, including some of the limitations of dental and mental health services. He advocates for quality healthcare access for all people, not just people who can afford it. While they shoot cutaways, Kennedy talks about the role of smoking and the tobacco industry in the health care discussion. He also talks about the struggle between the lobbies and the public's desire for accessible health care. Reporter reasks questions. B-roll of the office, including shots of John F. Kennedy's Boston Office desk.
- Ten O'Clock News
Sen. Edward Kennedy on Health Security Plan proposal, Part 2
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Kennedy, Edward M. (Edward Moore), 1932-2009
- Legislators -- United States
- Federal government
- Tobacco industry
- Public health
- Bills, Legislative
- Medical care
- News Report
- Kennedy, Edward M. (Edward Moore), 1932-2009 (Interviewee)
- Curwood, Steve (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Sen. Edward Kennedy on Health Security Plan proposal, Part 2,” 01/31/1977, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_82522EE6830F4175B2882D8BAB8AEEA9.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Sen. Edward Kennedy on Health Security Plan proposal, Part 2.” 01/31/1977. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_82522EE6830F4175B2882D8BAB8AEEA9>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Sen. Edward Kennedy on Health Security Plan proposal, Part 2. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_82522EE6830F4175B2882D8BAB8AEEA9