Arthur; Meek for a Week; Arthur, World’s Greatest Gleeper
WGBH EE Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Meek for a Week; Arthur, World’s Greatest Gleeper
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Meek for a Week: Muffy bets Francine she can't be nice to everyone for a whole week--and soon wishes she hadn't.
Arthur, World's Greatest Gleeper: OK, Arthur didn't mean to tell a lie, he just got stuck in a sort of fib, because he thought it was cool to be a Gleeper. (Too late, he finds out that gleeping means stealing...!) But when put to the test, Arthur has to admit that not only isn't he the world's greatest gleeper, he's not a gleeper at all.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Meek for a Week; Arthur, World’s Greatest Gleeper,” 10/05/1997, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 22, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8247F8B56FAB48DA98C2E1E3009C9D26.
- MLA: “Arthur; Meek for a Week; Arthur, World’s Greatest Gleeper.” 10/05/1997. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 22, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8247F8B56FAB48DA98C2E1E3009C9D26>.
- APA: Arthur; Meek for a Week; Arthur, World’s Greatest Gleeper. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8247F8B56FAB48DA98C2E1E3009C9D26