Peep And The Big Wide World; Windy Day, The; Peep Feet
includes two PEEP stories and one POCOYO interstitial. As broadcast on APT.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Windy Day, The; Peep Feet
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Rebroadcast as Program 207 THE WINDY DAY A WINDY DAY MAKES CHIRP LONG TO FLY, BUT WHEN SHE ACCIDENTALLY GETS ALOFT, SHE DISCOVERS IT ISN'T AS EASY AS IT LOOKS.
INTERSTITIAL: THE WIND CAN BLOW BUBBLES FOR YOU! THE KIDS DISCOVER THAT THE WIND CAN POWER THEIR FUN. "TRY TO SEE WHAT YOU CAN DO ON A WINDY DAY."
PEEP FEET HOW BIG IS A STEP? TURNS OUT IT MEANS ONE THING TO A CAT, ANOTHER THING TO A RABBIT, AND SOMETHING ELSE ALTOGETHER TO A PEEP.
INTERSTITIAL: IF YOU WANT TO MEASURE, YOU HAVE TO COUNT. THE KIDS STACK BLOCKS TO MEASURE THEMSELVES. "SEE IF YOU CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO MEASURE THINGS AT HOME."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Windy Day, The; Peep Feet,” 08/01/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 20, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_81E1DC984B894AE881E35FA84156BE02.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Windy Day, The; Peep Feet.” 08/01/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 20, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_81E1DC984B894AE881E35FA84156BE02>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Windy Day, The; Peep Feet. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_81E1DC984B894AE881E35FA84156BE02