Simply Ming; Chinese Fermented Black Beans/ Butter
Chinese Black Beans and Butter with Hubert Keller Anamorphic
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Chinese Fermented Black Beans/ Butter
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Hubert Keller
The briny pungency of Chinese fermented black beans coupled with the creaminess of butter makes for the perfect East-West pairing. Ming uses these ingredients to make Grilled Rib Eye with Black Bean Compound Butter and Haricot Verts Black Bean-Almondine. Ming also creates an “All-In-One” meal of Wok-Stirred Scallops and Zucchini with Black Beans. Guest chef Hubert Keller, Chef/Owner of Fleur de Lys, welcomes Ming to his San Francisco home where he prepares Steamed Clams and Chives with Fermented Black Bean Sauce.
Scallops and Zucchini with Black Beans
Grilled Rib Eye with Black Bean Compound Butter and Haricot Verts Black Bean-Almondine
Hubert Keller's Steamed Clams and Chives with Fermented Black Bean Sauce
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Chinese Fermented Black Beans/ Butter,” 06/01/2007, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 15, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_81AB0294D74448E3A10649DD8C15E508.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Chinese Fermented Black Beans/ Butter.” 06/01/2007. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 15, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_81AB0294D74448E3A10649DD8C15E508>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Chinese Fermented Black Beans/ Butter. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_81AB0294D74448E3A10649DD8C15E508