Peep And The Big Wide World; I Spy A Spider; Robin In The Bat Cave
Peep Season II textless elements start at 1:23:00. As broadcast by DCI.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- I Spy A Spider; Robin In The Bat Cave
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
Production Season 3 EPISODE 46 44A I SPY A SPIDER WRITTEN BY: GLEN BERGER WHAT ARE THOSE STICKY, WEBBY THINGS ANYWAY? QUACK HAS THE ANSWER: THEY’RE DUCK TRAPS! MADE BY FEROCIOUS, EIGHT-LEGGED MOON MONSTERS!! SCIENCE: ANIMAL BEHAVIOR (SPIDERS) INTERSTITIAL: THE KIDS ARE LOOKING FOR SPIDERS. THEY WATCH HOW THEY MOVE AND THINK ABOUT HOW THEY MAKE THEIR WEBS. “LOOK CLOSELY AT SPIDERS AND SEE WHAT YOU CAN FIND OUT.”
45B ROBIN IN THE BAT CAVE WRITTEN BY: JOE FALLON THE FIRST RULE OF HIDE AND SEEK IS TO HIDE WHERE NO ONE CAN FIND YOU. THE SECOND RULE? MAKE SURE SOMEONE CAN FIND YOU!! SCIENCE: ANIMAL HABITATS (BAT CAVES) INTERSTITIAL: THE KIDS ARE PLAYING WITH BLINDFOLDS IN THE BACK YARD. ONE OF THEM TRIES TO FIND HIS WAY TO THE BACK STEPS USING JUST HIS HANDS, HIS EARS, AND HIS MEMORY. “TRY CLOSING YOUR EYES AND USING TOUCH AND SOUND TO GET AROUND.”
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; I Spy A Spider; Robin In The Bat Cave,” 03/15/2007, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 13, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_814895C8977F4F4EB224CA964306EBB6.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; I Spy A Spider; Robin In The Bat Cave.” 03/15/2007. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 13, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_814895C8977F4F4EB224CA964306EBB6>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; I Spy A Spider; Robin In The Bat Cave. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_814895C8977F4F4EB224CA964306EBB6