Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Phylicia Rashad
Caption Master 3/10/11 Company: WGBH Boston Media Title: Maria Hinojosa: One on One Episode: Phylicia Rashad 180 / MHOO508 TRT: 26:46 Op: TC: SD 29.97 DF VTR: Closed Captioned
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Phylicia Rashad
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
Phylicia Rashad is one of the most iconic mother figures in the history of American television. In the 1980s she became a household name with her role as Clair Huxtable on the hit sitcom The Cosby Show. For 5 straight years (1984-1989) it was the most watched show in the nation. Since then she has starred in movies, TV series, and Broadway shows—and in 2004 she became the first African American to win a Tony for Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a play. In this conversation with Maria Hinojosa, she talks about growing up during segregation in Texas, her relationship with Bill Cosby, and where she finds her inspiration.
NOTE: The 5XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 33XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Phylicia Rashad,” 07/27/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 18, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_811E2F7D9BB44ABA94110A7F29058316.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Phylicia Rashad.” 07/27/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 18, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_811E2F7D9BB44ABA94110A7F29058316>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Phylicia Rashad. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_811E2F7D9BB44ABA94110A7F29058316