Evening at Pops; Ray Charles
Encore ( repeat ) showing?
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Ray Charles
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
It’s a man and his soul, Ray Charles with John Williams and the Boston Pops. Among the soulful tunes: “Georgia On My Mind,” “Set Me Free,” and “Talkin’ With Brother Ray.”
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Ray Charles,” 07/15/1981, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 26, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_810EBFC354144EA4BAD05DF6EEB07B25.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Ray Charles.” 07/15/1981. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 26, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_810EBFC354144EA4BAD05DF6EEB07B25>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Ray Charles. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_810EBFC354144EA4BAD05DF6EEB07B25