Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Pie Crust Tray
Caption Master: Note: Please do Not encode/ Include Product Offer Pie crust tray with Eli and a road trip to the MFA with guest Elliot Bostwick Davis
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac
- Pie Crust Tray
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROUGH CUT - WOODWORKING WITH TOMMY MAC invites viewers into the world of respected furniture maker Tommy MacDonald, as he travels to historic landmarks to gain design inspiration and then returns to his workshop to demonstrate the steps and techniques needed to create future family heirlooms. In each episode, MacDonald shares his skills and best practices, providing detailed project instructions for anyone interested in learning the basics of the craft. For the more experienced enthusiast, Tommy also showcases his more complex projects with advanced tips and techniques. Each half-hour includes three segments: "Basic Woodworking Techniques," "Weekend Projects" and "The Field Trip."
Rough Cut – Woodworking with Tommy Mac is produced by WGBH Boston and distributed by American Public Television. Series release date: 10/2/2010
- Program Description
Pie Crust Tray – Episode 03
On this installment of Rough Cut, Tommy builds a traditional Pie Crust Tray. For inspiration, he heads on a Rough Cut Road Trip to the new Art of the Americas wing at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. There, Tommy meets with curator and chair of the Art of the Americas department, Elliot Davis, to talk about the Chippendale and Federalist-style pie crust tables they have in their collection. Tommy takes his MFA knowledge back to the shop where he and Eli Cleveland walk through the turning and carving techniques needed to make the project.
Resources: Jointer Planer Table Saw Band Saw Lathe Hand Plane Router Plane Compass Turning Tools Rasps and Files
Field Trip: Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Pie Crust Tray,” 08/24/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_80DDF8CCFF0348D8B5895BE37D7F5729.
- MLA: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Pie Crust Tray.” 08/24/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_80DDF8CCFF0348D8B5895BE37D7F5729>.
- APA: Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Pie Crust Tray. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_80DDF8CCFF0348D8B5895BE37D7F5729