Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks II, Thylias Moss
Part of New Television Workshop.
NTW 1999 Preservation Dub Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Poetry Breaks
- Poetry Breaks II, Thylias Moss
- Series Description
2-5 minute filler programs with New England area writers reading their poetry. Poets include Martin Espada, Galway Kinnell, Sharon Olds. Series release date: 1988
- Program Description
Thylias Moss introduces and reads her poems and answers questions concerning her life and work. The work was filmed at Phillips Andover Academy. Multiple takes of the following poems appear on the source tapes of original footage: “Rush Hour” “Spring Cleaning at the Lewiston Police Station” “All Is Not Lost When Dreams Are” “Sunrise Comes to Second Avenue” “The Undertaker’s Daughter Feels Neglect” “Passover Poem” “One-Legged Cook” “The Day Before Kindergarten: Taluca, Alabama, 1959”
Multiple takes of these poems and Moss’ answers to the following questions appear on the source tapes of original footage: Where do you get your ideas from? What’s the life of a writer like? When did you start writing poetry? Where do poems get meaning? The "Poetry Breaks" series intends to master these into a tape for use in schools and libraries as funds become available.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Poetry reading
- Oral interpretation of poetry
- Performance in a Studio
- Luchetti, Leita Hagemann (Producer)
- Moss, Thylias ()
- Chicago: “Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks II, Thylias Moss,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 17, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_80B9EE5A44714DB8972DDCE1FFE825F5.
- MLA: “Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks II, Thylias Moss.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 17, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_80B9EE5A44714DB8972DDCE1FFE825F5>.
- APA: Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks II, Thylias Moss. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_80B9EE5A44714DB8972DDCE1FFE825F5