Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Faye Wattleton
Caption Master 6/23/11 Company: La Plaza Title: Maria Hinojosa: One on One Episode: Faye Wattleton LP164 / MHOO518 TRT: 26:46 Op: T.C.P. TC: SD 29.97 DF VTR: 622 Anamorphic
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Faye Wattleton
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
Esquire magazine named her one of the 25 most influential people in America, and Ebony called her one of the 100 Most Fascinating Black Women of the 20th Century. Faye Wattleton was president of Planned Parenthood from 1978 to 1992. She was the youngest person, the first woman, and the first African American to hold this position. In this conversation with María Hinojosa, she talks about the polarities of politics and emotions around women’s reproductive health.
NOTE: The 5XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 33XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Faye Wattleton,” 06/23/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_80282D4440E84994B83E3DBC7599EA2A.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Faye Wattleton.” 06/23/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_80282D4440E84994B83E3DBC7599EA2A>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Faye Wattleton. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_80282D4440E84994B83E3DBC7599EA2A