Martha Speaks; Martha in the White House
Martha in the White House, Part 1; Martha in the White House, Part 2 Martha Speaks MSPE 206 (dub) PBS
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Martha in the White House
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Parts 1 and 2 Broadcast on the same day.
Martha in the White House, part 1
The new president is looking for a dog to live in the White House. Martha knows the perfect dog for the job! What better way to recommend some of her neighborhood pals than to put in a few calls to the White House herself? (1st of two parts)
(E) neighborhood, national, volunteer, recommend, community, nominate
(I) president, white house, leader, country
Martha in the White House, part 2
The president is calling! One of his aides heard about Martha's speaking ability and he needs her to report to the White House immediately. But why does the president want Martha? Is there a top-secret cat conspiracy? (2nd of two parts)
(E) mission, function, appoint, advise, representative, cabinet
(I) aide, serve, official, secretary
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Martha in the White House,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 15, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_800A5CCC340F4EF18131F0E5A062FD3B.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Martha in the White House.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 15, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_800A5CCC340F4EF18131F0E5A062FD3B>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Martha in the White House. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_800A5CCC340F4EF18131F0E5A062FD3B