Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Turkey: Iftar In Instanbul
Turkey: Iftar in Istanbul Letterbox
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- Turkey: Iftar In Instanbul
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
Episode 48 Travel to Istanbul, an ancient Turkish city that weaves its way through the Byzantine, Roman, and Ottoman empires. During the holy month of Ramadan, locals fast from sunrise to sunset. Join a food author for the Iftar meal, the traditional feast when the fast is broken. Discover the beauty of güllaç, a multilayered dessert studded with pistachios and pomegranates. In the Gourmet test kitchen, executive editor John “Doc” Willoughby prepares spicy grilled köfte, a Turkish street-food favorite.
RECIPES Güllaç (Turkish Rustic Milk Baklava) Lamb Kofte with Garlic Yogurt Sauce Turkish Herbed Beef-and-Rice-Stuffed Peppers, Zucchini, and Tomatoes Yogurt Sauce
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Turkey: Iftar In Instanbul,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 24, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7FAF9E4958B64AEBB5C96FE2196C3E67.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Turkey: Iftar In Instanbul.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 24, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7FAF9E4958B64AEBB5C96FE2196C3E67>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Turkey: Iftar In Instanbul. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7FAF9E4958B64AEBB5C96FE2196C3E67