Martha Speaks; Billy Collins Speaks; Milo's Reading Buddy
WGBH Broadcast Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Billy Collins Speaks; Milo's Reading Buddy
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Billy Collins Speaks Ken Scarborough Martha decides that Billy Collins’ poetry about dogs is so realistic, he must be a talking dog too! No human understands dogs that well. When Martha meets the former poet laureate, she discovers something unexpected.
Vocabulary (E) poem, poet, prose, imposter, metaphor(ically)
Milo’s Reading Buddy Raye Lankford When Milo reads in front of other people he gets nervous and messes up a lot. T.D. tries to help him develop confidence by setting him up with a Reading Buddy. Which of Milo’s friends
Vocabulary (E) fluent, struggle, apprehensive, interject, nervous
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Billy Collins Speaks; Milo's Reading Buddy,” 04/02/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7F5A5B46F62D4323B4B845D905FDB288.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Billy Collins Speaks; Milo's Reading Buddy.” 04/02/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7F5A5B46F62D4323B4B845D905FDB288>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Billy Collins Speaks; Milo's Reading Buddy. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7F5A5B46F62D4323B4B845D905FDB288