Arthur; D.W. Aims High; Flaw and Order
WGBH COPY PBS Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- D.W. Aims High; Flaw and Order
- Program Number
1005; 130A; 127A
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
D.W. Aims High
D.W. WANTS TO BE THE FIRST PERSON TO SET FOOT ON MARS! BUT WHAT IF SCARY PURPLE ALIENS EAT HER? WITH HELP FROM HER DAD, D.W. SEPARATES FACT FROM FICTION AND DISCOVERS THE EXCITEMENT OF SPACE EXPLORATION.
Flaw and Order
WHO'S RESPONSIBLE FOR CRACKING DAD'S CAKE PLATTER? DUN-DUN! ALL THE EVIDENCE POINTS TO ARTHUR! DUN-DUN! OR DOES IT? DUN-DUN! WITH BUSTER'S HELP, ARTHUR SETS OUT TO CLEAR HIS NAME -- AND FIGURE OUT WHAT KEEPS MAKING THAT MYSTERIOUS YET FAMILIAR "DUN-DUN!" SOUND.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; D.W. Aims High; Flaw and Order,” 04/04/2006, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 29, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7EEDADC1F8494CD78B413712248D4CD2.
- MLA: “Arthur; D.W. Aims High; Flaw and Order.” 04/04/2006. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 29, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7EEDADC1F8494CD78B413712248D4CD2>.
- APA: Arthur; D.W. Aims High; Flaw and Order. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7EEDADC1F8494CD78B413712248D4CD2