Evening at Pops; Andre Previn And Eddie Daniels
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Evening at Pops
- Andre Previn And Eddie Daniels
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
The Pops bops to "le jazz hot" when pianist Andre Previn and clarinetist Eddie Daniels join John Williams and company. Previn, equally adept at classical and jazz styles, takes the solo in Gershwin's jazzy Concerto in F, and Daniels performs Benny Goodman's signature swing tune, "Let's Dance."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Andre Previn And Eddie Daniels,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 14, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7EE5F91AEA8F433B834D2E5E05F38CFA.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Andre Previn And Eddie Daniels.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 14, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7EE5F91AEA8F433B834D2E5E05F38CFA>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Andre Previn And Eddie Daniels. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7EE5F91AEA8F433B834D2E5E05F38CFA