Evening at Pops; John Williams With A Tribute To Henry Mancini and Bernard Herrman
John Williams: 4:3 version , EE master , uncaptioned
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- John Williams With A Tribute To Henry Mancini and Bernard Herrman
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Boston Pops Laureate Conductor John Williams leads a special tribute to film music giants Bernard Herrmann and Henry Mancini. Saluting unique collaborations between directors and composers, the program begins with an homage to Herrmann, whose scores for Alfred Hitchcock films like Psycho and Vertigo thrilled and scared an entire generation of moviegoers. The episode then features special guests - the legendary Julie Andrews and Academy Award-winning Blake Edwards - joining Williams to pay tribute to Mancini, their longtime friend and colleague. Broadway star Brian Stokes Mitchell is also on hand to perform a selection of Mancini classics; then Mancini's daughter Monica Mancini will join Mitchell to perform "Moon River."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; John Williams With A Tribute To Henry Mancini and Bernard Herrman,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 24, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7EA72537835443899D3E3E201191385D.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; John Williams With A Tribute To Henry Mancini and Bernard Herrman.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 24, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7EA72537835443899D3E3E201191385D>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; John Williams With A Tribute To Henry Mancini and Bernard Herrman. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7EA72537835443899D3E3E201191385D