Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Henry Louis Gates and Ilan Stavans
Caption Master 4/12/11 Company: WGBH Boston Media Title: Maria Hinojosa: One on One Episode: Gates/Stavans MH512 TRT: 26:46 Op: T.C.P. TC: SD 29.97 DF VTR: Anamorphic, Closed Captioned
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Henry Louis Gates and Ilan Stavans
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
Henry Louis Gates, editor of the Norton Anthology of African American Literature, and Ilan Stavans, editor of the Norton Anthology of Latino Literature, talk about the parallels between the Latino and African American experiences, and between Latino and African American literature. They also address their hopes for the future, including a broader discourse on literature produced by people of color, and a time when Latinos and African Americans can embrace their shared pasts and common future.
NOTE: The 5XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 33XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Henry Louis Gates and Ilan Stavans,” 04/12/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 24, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7E9C871E6AF5439086144B998168DB9B.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Henry Louis Gates and Ilan Stavans.” 04/12/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 24, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7E9C871E6AF5439086144B998168DB9B>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Henry Louis Gates and Ilan Stavans. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7E9C871E6AF5439086144B998168DB9B