Joyce Chen Cooks; Egg Foo Yung
Joyce Chen takes the mystery out of Chinese cooking. She shows how to duplicate one of the most popular restaurant dishes in your own kitchen cooking eggs, celery, mushrooms, and bean sprouts together in the Chinese manner. Summary and select metadata for this record was submitted by Dana Polan.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
- Joyce Chen Cooks
- Egg Foo Yung
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 26, 1966 A distinguished restaurateur and author of a popular Chinese cookbook, Mrs. Chen prepares all kinds of Chinese delicacies and everyone of them can be made in the modern kitchen, with ingredients available at the local supermarket. Series release date: 6/30/1966
- Program Description
The well-known restaurant owner begins her series by showing how to make two popular Chinese egg dishes at home: Egg Foo Yung (with celery, mushrooms and bean sprouts) and Egg Drop Soup (chicken broth with sherry, scallions and egg dropped in in the Chinese way).
Joyce Chen takes the mystery out of Chinese cooking. She shows how to duplicate one of the most popular restaurant dishes in your own kitchen cooking eggs, celery, mushrooms, and bean sprouts together in the Chinese manner
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Asian Cuisine
- Bean Sprouts
- Chinese Cooking
- Egg Foo Yung
- American Chinese Cuisine
- Chen, Joyce, 1917-1994
- Lockwood, Ruth (Series Producer)
- Chen, Joyce, 1917-1994 (Host)
- Lockwood, Ruth (Producer)
- Mahard, Frances (Other (see note))
- Stevens, Mark (Director)
- Publication Information
- Presented by the Estate of Joyce Chen and the WGBH Educational Foundation
- Chicago: “Joyce Chen Cooks; Egg Foo Yung,” 09/26/1966, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 23, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7E8DABA5A896477C9E230E4A4EC9F681.
- MLA: “Joyce Chen Cooks; Egg Foo Yung.” 09/26/1966. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 23, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7E8DABA5A896477C9E230E4A4EC9F681>.
- APA: Joyce Chen Cooks; Egg Foo Yung. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7E8DABA5A896477C9E230E4A4EC9F681