Joyce Chen Cooks; Lion Head
A famous Yang Chow casserole dish. Giant juicy tender pork meatballs, browned and simmered in a soy-sauce flavored slightly sweetened liquid, are placed in a casserole on top of sautéed cabbage. The whole thing is then cooked together and served with rice. Summary and select metadata for this record was submitted by Dana Polan.
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Joyce Chen Cooks
- Lion Head
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 26, 1966 A distinguished restaurateur and author of a popular Chinese cookbook, Mrs. Chen prepares all kinds of Chinese delicacies and everyone of them can be made in the modern kitchen, with ingredients available at the local supermarket. Series release date: 6/30/1966
- Program Description
"A famous Yang Chow casserole dish. Giant juicy tender pork meatballs, browned and simmered in a soy-sauce flavored slightly sweetened liquid, are placed in a casserole on top of sautéed cabbage. The whole thing is then cooked together and served with rice.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Asian Cuisine
- American Chinese Cuisine
- Casserole Dish
- Chinese Cooking
- Yangzhou, China
- Chen, Joyce, 1917-1994
- Chinese Cabbage
- Lockwood, Ruth (Series Producer)
- Lockwood, Ruth (Producer)
- Mahard, Frances (Other (see note))
- Stevens, Mark (Director)
- Chen, Joyce, 1917-1994 (Host)
- Publication Information
- Presented by the Estate of Joyce Chen and the WGBH Educational Foundation
- Chicago: “Joyce Chen Cooks; Lion Head,” 01/16/1967, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 18, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7E7D5439048F443EA6D33CB2872AB50F.
- MLA: “Joyce Chen Cooks; Lion Head.” 01/16/1967. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 18, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7E7D5439048F443EA6D33CB2872AB50F>.
- APA: Joyce Chen Cooks; Lion Head. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7E7D5439048F443EA6D33CB2872AB50F