Ten O'Clock News; Hyde Park High teachers
Pam Bullard interviews teachers Hugh Mullen and Terry Gaskill about racial tension and disturbances at Hyde Park High School. The teachers say that incidents occur in the hallways, bathrooms and cafeteria, but not in the classrooms. They discuss requests made by Hyde Park High School faculty to the school administration upon the reopening of the school after a racial disturbance. Mullen says that the school faculty has requested that outside community groups stay out of the schools until the situation is under control. Tape 2 of 2.
- Ten O'Clock News
Hyde Park High teachers
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- School buildings
- Busing for school integration
- Race relations
- Hyde Park (Boston, Mass.)
- News Report
- Bullard, Pam (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Hyde Park High teachers,” 09/13/1976, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 22, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7DE7E4FB42AB4AF8AF4C192D3968B471.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Hyde Park High teachers.” 09/13/1976. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 22, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7DE7E4FB42AB4AF8AF4C192D3968B471>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Hyde Park High teachers. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7DE7E4FB42AB4AF8AF4C192D3968B471