Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt; Russia and China: What Does the Future Hold
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt
- Russia and China: What Does the Future Hold
- Program Number
- Series Description
Roundtable discussion of foreign and domestic affairs featuring leading political, academic, and journalistic experts. Series was hosted by Eleanor Roosevelt and was filmed on location at Brandies University. Series release date: 1959
- Program Description
Guests: Allen Dulles, former director of the Central Intelligence Agency; Reinhold Niebuhr, one of the world's foremost Protestant theologians and now visiting professor of government at Harvard University; Lord Lindsay of Birker, professor and chairman of the Far Eastern Program of the School of International Service at the American University in Washington; Seymour Friedin, recently appointed executive foreign editor of the New York Herald Tribune; Marshall Shulman, associate director of the Russian Research Center at Harvard University.
Mrs. Roosevelt and her guests will explore the causes of the present Russia-China rift and the likelihood of its developing into a complete break. They will discuss specific U.S. foreign policy moves that might be made to take advantage of the dispute as well as the directions that Soviet foreign policy might take as a result of the rift.
The major portion of this program was recorded at Brandeis University in Waltham, Mass., on Sunday, February 4, 1962. The special introductory segment featuring Allen Dulles was prerecorded in New York City.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Public Affairs
- Chicago: “Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt; Russia and China: What Does the Future Hold,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 13, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7DD3270FBAF543EEB4435D72754ACF3D.
- MLA: “Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt; Russia and China: What Does the Future Hold.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 13, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7DD3270FBAF543EEB4435D72754ACF3D>.
- APA: Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt; Russia and China: What Does the Future Hold. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7DD3270FBAF543EEB4435D72754ACF3D