Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Reconstituting
Simply Ming Ep 1016 Gordon Hamersley - Reconstituting SD Upconvert
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Cooking on the Fly: Reconstituting
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Reconstituting with Guest Gordon Hamersley
Drying foods to keep them preserved is a technique that dates back hundreds of years. On this episode of Simply Ming, host Ming Tsai and special guest, Gordon Hamersley, show how the technique of reconstituting - bringing a dried ingredient back to life by simply adding liquid – can be used to cook up two unique dishes: Salt Cod with Pasta and English Peas and Chicken Stir-fry with Wood Ear, Fermented Black Beans and Wasabi Yogurt.
Recipes Bird's Nest of Black Bean Chicken and Wasabi Cream Gordon Hamersley's Salt Cod Poached in Porcini Broth with English Peas & Pancetta
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Reconstituting,” 11/19/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 10, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7DBBF0D4EB674B69816B9F4CC975DE05.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Reconstituting.” 11/19/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 10, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7DBBF0D4EB674B69816B9F4CC975DE05>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Reconstituting. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7DBBF0D4EB674B69816B9F4CC975DE05