Simply Ming; Spring Roll Wrappers and Pesto
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Spring Roll Wrappers and Pesto
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Marc Forgione Both the East and the West have versatile ingredients that really deserve to be given the opportunity to spread their wings. For example, spring roll wrappers can do much more than contain fillings and pesto rates more partners than pasta. So today Ming will bring these two together with some “out of the box” recipes including Pesto Chicken and Spinach Spring rolls, Tomato and Cucumber Napoleon and then an easy delicious Italian Sausage and Reggiano "Pan Pizza". Finally, New York chef, Marc Forgione joins Ming and takes this pair to a whole new level with his Tomato Soup with Basil Marinated Cherry Tomatoes and Spicy Spring Roll "Crouton"
Recipes Pesto Chicken and Spinach Spring rolls Marc Forgione's Tomato Soup with Basil Marinated Cherry Tomatoes and Spicy Spring Roll "Crouton Italian Sausage and Reggiano "Pan Pizza" Tomato and Cucumber Napoleon
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Spring Roll Wrappers and Pesto,” 09/15/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 18, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7D70568F6EE24AF1A45538F65C66D005.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Spring Roll Wrappers and Pesto.” 09/15/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 18, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7D70568F6EE24AF1A45538F65C66D005>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Spring Roll Wrappers and Pesto. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7D70568F6EE24AF1A45538F65C66D005