Greater Boston; Vioxx Recall / Presidential Debate Preview / Sharks
Vioxx recall / presidential debate preview / sharks
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Greater Boston
- Vioxx Recall / Presidential Debate Preview / Sharks
- Series Description
HUB CITY AT ITS BEST. A LOOK AT EVERYTHING AND EVERYBODY INTERESTING IN BOSTON. HOSTED BY EMILY ROONEY. Series release date: 1/1997
- Program Description
1) Popular arthritis drug Vioxx recalled by Merck because of link to heart attack and stroke risk. Some patients can switch to Celebrex, others to simpler anti- inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen if there is no underlying G-I condition. 2) Will the presidential candidates use the podium in the first debate to prosecute each other or state their own positions? Bush must not dwell on Kerry as flip-flopper. Kerry must be less tedious, more likable, and tough on Iraq. 3) Jaws author Peter Benchley talks about female great white shark roaming off Woods Hole; and generally about sharks' feeding and predatory behavior. He is lobbying for marine protected areas. His papers and family memorabilia are on display at BU.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- News Report
- Local Communities
- Chicago: “Greater Boston; Vioxx Recall / Presidential Debate Preview / Sharks,” 09/30/2004, GBH Archives, accessed November 26, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7D6F5A2F11294DA6AA399FD3BC7C001B.
- MLA: “Greater Boston; Vioxx Recall / Presidential Debate Preview / Sharks.” 09/30/2004. GBH Archives. Web. November 26, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7D6F5A2F11294DA6AA399FD3BC7C001B>.
- APA: Greater Boston; Vioxx Recall / Presidential Debate Preview / Sharks. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7D6F5A2F11294DA6AA399FD3BC7C001B