Simply Ming; Roasted Red Bell Lemongrass Sambal
Simply Ming SMMG226K1, Roasted Red Bell, Uncaptioned Master
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Simply Ming
- Roasted Red Bell Lemongrass Sambal
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Michael Lomonaco
In Spain, Ming fell in love with roasted red bell peppers, and in Indonesia he became a huge fan of sambals. Perfectly combining those two culinary traditions, with lemongrass from the east and roasted peppers from the west, this Roasted Red Bell-Lemongrass Sambal delivers the flavor in a variety of dishes. First up, Braised Chicken with Mushrooms. Ming visits Whole Foods Market in Cambridge, Massachusetts to learn about the key ingredient behind this dish from mushroom supplier Chris McGarvey. Back in the kitchen, Ming uses the versatile sambal on a Grilled Portobello Sandwich and as a dynamic flavor in his Orzo with Sausage. Guest chef Michael Lomonaco joins Ming and uses the sambal to bring out the best in seafood with his Sauteed Soft Shell Crabs with Capers and Lemon with Roasted Pepper-Lemongrass Sambal.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Roasted Red Bell Lemongrass Sambal,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 22, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7D1DA7A3B2E24B17BBC74DE480A97FFE.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Roasted Red Bell Lemongrass Sambal.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 22, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7D1DA7A3B2E24B17BBC74DE480A97FFE>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Roasted Red Bell Lemongrass Sambal. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7D1DA7A3B2E24B17BBC74DE480A97FFE