Evening at Pops; Ben Vereen
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Evening at Pops
- Ben Vereen
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Ben Vereen brought the Symphony Hall crowd to their feet three times with his high-stepping, pull out all the stops set. After roaring through a medley of songs from his Broadway triumphs, Ben pas a moving tribute to black vaudevillian Bert Williams.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Ben Vereen,” 06/16/1977, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 27, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7CFAB705F56A42948065BF69F35D3459.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Ben Vereen.” 06/16/1977. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 27, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7CFAB705F56A42948065BF69F35D3459>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Ben Vereen. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7CFAB705F56A42948065BF69F35D3459