La Plaza; EVENING with MICHEL CAMILO, AN
STUDIO EDIT NOT DOLBY
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- La Plaza
- EVENING with MICHEL CAMILO, AN
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
Grammy Award winner pianist Michel Camilo and his acoustic jazz trio are featured in an exciting La Plaza performance special. A native of the Dominican Republic, Camilo presents his unique style.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; EVENING with MICHEL CAMILO, AN,” 11/17/1989, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7CEE69C6BD544CC2849A29F1601ACCDF.
- MLA: “La Plaza; EVENING with MICHEL CAMILO, AN.” 11/17/1989. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7CEE69C6BD544CC2849A29F1601ACCDF>.
- APA: La Plaza; EVENING with MICHEL CAMILO, AN. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7CEE69C6BD544CC2849A29F1601ACCDF