Mystery!; Agatha Christie's Miss Marple, Series IV: Murder at the Vicarage
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Agatha Christie's Miss Marple, Series IV: Murder at the Vicarage
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
Broadcast February 9 and 16, 1989
Starring Joan Hickson as Miss Marple.
Colonel Lucius Protheroe is waiting in the vicar's office to discuss some stolen church funds. The vicar is late because he was called out to visit an ill parishioner. The call turns out to be a fake and Colonel Protheroe is murdered. Someone wanted to be sure that the Colonel would be alone. Miss Marple knows that the murdered man's wife had been having an affair with artist Lawrence Retting. And now the lovers have both clumsily confessed to the crime, each trying to save the other. But Miss Marple is sure the killer is still on the loose.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Agatha Christie's Miss Marple, Series IV: Murder at the Vicarage,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7CB3BC48B0B64545BE6FD14F9906509F.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Agatha Christie's Miss Marple, Series IV: Murder at the Vicarage.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7CB3BC48B0B64545BE6FD14F9906509F>.
- APA: Mystery!; Agatha Christie's Miss Marple, Series IV: Murder at the Vicarage. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_7CB3BC48B0B64545BE6FD14F9906509F